Donate new or gently used household items or parent/baby supplies to help new families and families moving into their own homes with a smooth transition.
Donors like you are the reason that Community of Hope experiences its many successes in improving lives and leading change. Join our giving circles to invest in our innovative approaches that not only keep our families stable, but help them flourish.
Please consider donating new or gently used items from the list below. Want to engage more people in our mission? Organize a team to collect items for new clients in our housing programs. Have a birthday coming up and want for nothing? Consider asking your friends and family to “gift your gifts” to the families we serve.
We make it easy to purchase directly from our Amazon Wishlist.
- Full and twin sheets and blankets*
- Kitchen hand towels and washcloths*
- Dishes (plates, bowls, cups)
- Pots and pans
- Bath towels and washcloths*
- Bath mats*
- Shower curtain* and rings
- Powdered laundry detergent
- Broom and dustpan
- Multi-purpose cleaning cloths*
- Dish scrubbing brush*
- Disposable sanitizing wipes*
- Mop and small bucket*
- 13-gallon trash can with lid*
- Trash bags*
- Toilet bowl brush and plunger*
- Mesh Laundry Bag
- First Aid Kits (in box)*
- Accordion-type folder
- Smoke detector batteries*
- Rubbermaid containers with lids*
New Baby Closet
- Clothing for babies and toddlers
- Maternity clothing
- Baby blankets and burp cloths*
- Strollers and baby equipment
* denotes items that must be new and unused
We also receive school supplies for the children in our housing programs and living near our health center each summer and run an Adopt-A-Family initiative each December.
Items We Are Not Able To Accept
- Clothing (except Maternity and Baby clothes)
- Large appliances (dishwashers, washers, or dryers)
- Mechanical Medical/Hospital beds
- Large rugs and carpet remnants
- Children's items that no longer meet safety standards
- Medical supplies
- Knick-knacks or figurines
- Single glasses, mugs, or plates (families prefer sets)
- Cassettes, tape players, records, or VCR tapes
- Used/opened toiletry items
- Any items in need of repair or in poor conditions
Many thanks to A Wider Circle for helping provide our families with needed furniture items! Please consider donating your used furniture to them. For clothing donations, consider making a donation to our partner, Martha’s Table.
How to Make a Wishlist Donation
To make a wishlist donation, please contact email@example.com or 202.407.7747, ext. 162. Due to limited storage space, donations will not be accepted at any of our sites without prior notification. We cannot pick up donations at this time. Thank you!
Last year private fundraising accounted for 26% of our funding.
You've brought hope and healing to over 16,000 individuals and families in 2018-helping create opportunities for good health and a stable house.
Dodie Brady, Community of Hope volunteer and donor