Donate new household items to help new families and families moving into their own homes with a smooth transition.
Community of Hope accepts the following items for our Housing program. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, at this point, we are only able to accept NEW ITEMS. Our wish list is easy to purchase from on Amazon. We highly recommend helping our families through a drive of donations so you can engage even more people in our mission! You can even do it for a birthday, holiday, or any other celebration where you have no desire for gifts for yourself.
If you have any questions about our in-kind wish list, please email email@example.com and a member of our team will follow up with you regarding your gift.
- Full and twin sheets and blankets
- Dishes (plates, bowls, cups - sets of 4 or more place settings)
- Silverware (sets of 4 or more place settings)
- Pots and Pans (sets - not individual)
- Bath towels and wash cloths (sets of 2 or more)
- Bathroom basics (shower curtain, curtain rings, and bathmat as a set)
- First Aid Kits (in box)
- Cleaning supplies (trash cans, mops, sponges, etc. as a set)
New Baby Closet
- Clothing for babies and toddlers
- Maternity clothing
- Baby blankets and burp cloths
- Strollers and baby equipment
- New or gently used
- Culturally appropriate with diverse main characters, examples available on our Amazon wishlist
- Spanish, French, and Amharic books welcome
We also receive school supplies for the children in our housing programs and living near our health center each summer and run an Holiday Cheer initiative each December.
How to Make a Wishlist Donation
To make a wishlist donation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 202.407.7747. Due to limited storage space, donations will not be accepted at any of our sites without prior notification. We cannot pick up donations at this time. Thank you!
Last year private fundraising accounted for 16% of our funding.
You've brought hope and healing to about 14,000 individuals and families in 2020 - helping create opportunities for good health and a stable house.
Dodie Brady, Community of Hope volunteer and donor