Changes to COH Emotional Wellness services (updated July 19th):
COH will continue to provide counseling appointments by Zoom, but we will also offer in person appointments starting August 16.
Patients, if you are interested in learning more about our
COVID-19 protocols, please click here.
Through our effective and compassionate services, we provide crisis intervention, counseling and many other supportive services, so that you can live a full life and achieve your and your family’s goals. We believe that your overall health is not just about how your body feels, but also about your whole life experience. Your emotional well-being is critical.
Sometimes it can be hard to tell when you or your child may need help. If you are noticing that you or your child are upset, worried or down for a few days or weeks, please ask us about how we can help.
• Feeling nervous or worried
• Stomachaches or headaches for no reason
• Can’t sit still for any length of time
• Trouble sleeping or bad dreams
• Losing interest in things you usually enjoy
• Avoiding friends and family
• Trouble in school
• Don’t like your body or self
• Having low or no energy
• Hurting self (like cutting or burning)
• Don’t feel in control of alcohol or drug use
• Dealing with violence at home or in the neighborhood
Many people have these challenges. We want you to know that we are here to help.
We are all licensed professionals who will work with you to develop a plan to get you back to emotional wellness.
We focus on your special needs and goals and involve your medical providers to get you and your family the best care.
To see if Community of Hope’s emotional wellness services are right for you, request an appointment in person or over the phone by calling (202) 540-9857 and pressing option 4.
If you or someone near you is in a crisis and needs immediate assistance, call DC Access Helpline 1-888-793-4357 or call 911.
We unfortunately have a waiting list for new therapy clients, and we are prioritizing people who have already established medical or dental care with COH. We will do a brief assessment with you prior to being put on the wait list to ensure that we can meet your needs. We may be able to provide a referral if we cannot see you. We also may be able to provide medication remotely, depending on the situation.
Emotional Wellness Services
- Screening and assessment for all patients 6 years and older for common symptoms of stress, anxiety, depression, and trauma
- Short term counseling accessible during your medical visit for crisis and follow up options
- Perinatal emotional support
- Individual psychotherapy services supportive of your needs, goals, and preferences
- Family therapy
- Parent Child Interaction Therapy
- Medication and management
- Addictions and substance abuse treatment
- Medication assisted treatment for opioid and alcohol abuse
- New services added regularly, please call for the most up to date information
We accept all DC Medicaid plans, Medicare and some private insurances. If you don’t have insurance, we will help you find a benefit plan or provide care at a reduced cost depending on your income.