Changes to Community of Hope Health Services due to COVID-19 (updated December, 2021):
Health Center Patients
- New Protocols to Keep Everyone Safer: You will see a lot of changes at your next visit! Click here to learn more about those changes.
- Telehealth Services: We offer many medical and all counseling services by telehealth. More information about telehealth visits here.
- Medical Services: We are seeing well patients and sick patients in different areas including virtual care. If you have any questions, please call 202.540.9857 for advice.
- Walk-In COVID Testing: Community of Hope will indefinitely pause all walk-up PCR testing at all locations. Until further notice, we will only offer rapid antigen tests for community members to take home. To secure rapid antigen test, visit the front desk teams at the Conway Resource Health Center, Marie Reed, and Family Health and Birth Center locations. Find local PCR testing, by visiting D.C. Covid-19 Testing Sites . Community of Hope patients may access PCR tests. Please call 202.540.9857 to schedule your appointment and speak with the Prompt Care Provider.
- Walk-In COVID-19 Vaccine: COH is providing COVID vaccine on an appointment basis. Call 202-470-3081 or find more information on location and times here.
Dental Services: COH has changed our protocols and workflows to ensure that we are providing dental care safely. We are now offering all dental services to patients who are not actively experiencing any COVID 19 symptoms. We do have some staff shortages, however, and are doing our best to meet demand.
- Emotional Wellness Services: COH will continue to provide counseling appointments via Zoom, telephone, and in-person dependent on scheduling. We have set up a Helpline with licensed providers on standby to provide immediate short-term support during this stressful time at 202.540.9857. We are still accepting new therapy clients. We may be able to provide medication remotely, depending on the situation.
Other changes to Community of Hope Wellness programs due to COVID-19 as of May 2021:
- We have restarted CenteringPregnancy virtually using Zoom and plan to have these visits alternate with your individual in-person visits. Please look for a call from the Group Care Coordinator for dates and further information. Learn about all birth service changes by clicking here.
- COH is still providing medication-assisted treatment (suboxone and vivitrol) to patients who want to stop using opioids during COVID-19. If necessary, we can try a home induction. Call our main number for more information.
- All of our patients have been enabled to use our patient portal which helps with medical records, refill requests, lab results, and other useful patient information. Look for the email or call our main number for assistance. You can sign-in here.
- We want to be able to help you with paperwork during this emergency. Due to HIPAA, we have to be careful about how we handle your information. We will mail records to you and send them in a confidential email if you use email. Our portal can also help with this communication and you can get more information about that here. Please send a release of information form to us or call 202.540.9857.
- As we make lots of changes to our services, we still want to hear where we can improve- please call our Compliments and Complaints line at 202.470.3073.
Further Information for Patients Who Are Not Feeling Well.
Please call our call center at 202.540.9857 before you come to any location if you aren’t feeling well. COH has not resumed walk-in care yet. You can also call our main line after hours to get medical advice as well. Save time and stay out of the emergency room unless you need to go.