There is help and hope if you’re struggling with addiction or substance abuse.
When you come to COH, you can expect safe and confidential care from our trusted team of clinicians. Our goal is to help you on your path to recovery by providing:
- Access to Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT)
- Care coordination services
- Narcan/Naloxone training
- Risk reduction interventions
- Resources and education
- Referrals to behavioral health, medical, dental, and social services at COH and external partners
- You will complete intake with one of our program staff to better understand the services and resources we can provide.
- Your provider will review treatment options with you, which may include Medication Assisted Treatment (see below).
- If you choose to start a medication, you may be scheduled at least weekly as doses are adjusted. Once stable, your visits may be extended to weekly, bi-weekly or monthly.
- You may not be prescribed medications during your first visit if you are taking illicit drugs, benzodiazepines or stimulants.
- You will meet with a therapist and care coordinator for ongoing support and connection to resources at COH and other community supports.
- You may be connected to behavioral health services. One service that COH offers is Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT). If you are struggling with opioid or alcohol use, we can provide medications like buprenorphine (Suboxone) and naltrexone (Vivitrol) – safe and clinically proven treatments – with other supports to help you reduce your use of substances. Patients who have used these medications have reported experiencing a decrease in cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
COH is ready to partner with you on your journey toward recovery. To see if Community of Hope’s emotional wellness services are right for you, request an appointment in person or over the phone by calling (202) 540-9857 and pressing option 4.
We accept most insurance plans including Medicaid and Medicare. If you don’t have health insurance, we’ll help you apply for public benefits or provide care at a discount.