Find your family’s medical home at Community of Hope’s
Family Health and Birth Center (FHBC).
Our Family Caring for Yours
This health center, which includes a nationally accredited Birth Center, is located conveniently in Northeast DC and provides a range of healthcare services for your entire family, with a special focus on serving pregnant mothers and their babies. We offer same-day appointments for urgent visits, as well as appointments within three days for most other visits. Free parking is available on site.
Some of the services you and your family can receive are:
- Physicals, immunizations, and urgent visits
- Chronic disease management
- Pediatric care, including well and sick visits
- Prenatal care and pregnancy support groups
- Birthing services either at a local hospital or in our birth center
- Breastfeeding support and education
- Behavioral healthcare
- Family planning counseling and services, including birth control and confidential youth services
- Confidential HIV/AIDS and STI testing and treatment
- Nutrition and wellness counseling
- WIC and other social service referrals
Are you an expectant mother? Learn more about our birthing services here. We offer hospital births and a limited number of births at our free-standing birth center.
We accept Medicare and Medicaid and most private insurances. If you do not have insurance, we have enrollment assisters at this location who can get you signed up for the best plan to meet your healthcare needs and answer your coverage questions. We have a sliding fee scale for those without insurance or high out-of-pocket costs with their insurance.
Come visit us for an outstanding patient experience! Schedule your appointment today.
Family Health and Birth Center
801 17th Street, NE
Washington, DC 20002
|Monday||8:30 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Tuesday||8:30 AM – 8:00 PM|
|Wednesday||8:30 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Thursday||8:30 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Friday||8:30 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Saturday||9:00 AM – 3:30 PM|
Our Family Health and Birth Center has received the Regional Breastfeeding-Friendly Healthcare Provider Award from the DC Breastfeeding Coalition.
Of FHBC patients say they would recommend Community of Hope to family and friends.
Carmen Montgomery, mother of 7 babies born at FHBC