At Community of Hope, almost 300 team members work together on the mission of creating opportunities for DC families to achieve good health, a stable home, family-sustaining income and, most importantly, HOPE. From doctors and nurse practitioners to social workers and accountants, our staff members believe that they are a part of something meaningful. The staff at Community of Hope – has a lot to say about what makes their workplace stand out. Specifically, staff shared that they love their job because...
- "I have an opportunity to support the mission at Community of Hope even though I don’t get to directly interact with patients and clients." -an employee in Administration
- "Every day I go home and feel like I made a difference. I feel most rewarded at COH. I’m pushed, motivated and supported in my role." - an employee in Health Services
- "I work with an entire agency of persons that believe and strive to help people because it is part of their innate core value." - an employee in Housing
Responses like these were collected on the annual survey administered by the Washington Post, and are the reason that the organization achieved its 2016, 2017, and 2018 Top Workplaces recognition. This is also the fourth time the organization has received this honor in the last five years.
Not only do staff feel that their work is meaningful but their responses exceeded their peers in their industry on many key statements including:
- COH is dedicated to diversity and inclusiveness
- Hard work is rewarded at COH
- The job provides long-term stability
- Overall staff engagement, which includes employee loyalty, motivation, and likelihood to refer COH
The staff culture compact, One Community. One Hope., drives positivity. One of its eight statements is “Attitude of Gratitude”. That appreciation starts at the top. President and CEO, Kelly Sweeney McShane, shared the reason for the award’s success: OUR STAFF. “It continues to be such an honor to work with so many dedicated, caring, and fun people. Thanks for making Community of Hope a great place to work - and helping us be recognized for it by The Washington Post!” says Ms. McShane. Community of Hope regularly has openings as we continue to grow in our mission. Open positions can be found on our website at www.communityofhopedc.org. Refer a friend, or consider joining our team!