At Community of Hope, almost 200 team members work together on the mission of creating opportunities for DC families to achieve good health, a stable home, family-sustaining income and, most importantly, HOPE. From doctors and nurse practitioners to social workers and accountants, our staff members believe that they are a part of something meaningful. The staff at Community of Hope – one of just four health care providers and 21 nonprofits to win this year – has a lot to say about what makes their workplace stand out.
- "The thing I appreciate most about the culture of Community of Hope is the atmosphere of positivity. Every day is a new opportunity to work alongside a team of cheerleaders and supporters.” – Health Services Team Member
- “The most effective way to do great work is to love what you do and I love it here at Community of Hope! I find satisfaction in knowing that we are accomplishing great things every day.”- Housing Team Member
- "What I love most about working at Community of Hope are the people. The staff is passionate and committed to serving our clients and patients with excellence. I am constantly inspired and motivated, and love getting to work with such a great team!" -Homelessness Prevention Team Member
Responses like these were collected on the annual survey administered by the Washington Post, and are the reason that the organization achieved its 2016 Top Workplaces recognition. This is also the second time the organization has received this honor in the last three years.
Not only does staff feel that their work is meaningful but their responses exceeded their peers by 16% to 30% on many key statements including:
- Their satisfaction with pay rate
- Interdepartmental cooperation
- Information about important decisions
- Heading in the right direction
A staff culture compact - One Community. One Hope. - drives positivity. One of its eight statements is “Attitude of Gratitude”. That appreciation starts at the top. President and CEO, Kelly Sweeney McShane, shared the reason for the award’s success: OUR STAFF. “It continues to be such an honor to work with so many dedicated, caring, and fun people. Thanks for making Community of Hope a great place to work - and helping us be recognized for it by The Washington Post!” says Ms. McShane. Community of Hope regularly has openings as we continue to grow in our mission. Open positions can be found on our website at www.communityofhopedc.org. Refer a friend, or consider joining our team!