We are seeking an individual strong in customer service to be a Referral Specialist at our Conway Health and Resource Center. As the Referral Specialist, you will be responsible for ensuring that patients are getting the specialty care that they need in a timely manner, On a daily basis, this will involve processing referrals in a complete, accurate, and timely manner, verifying that patients have received the care they requested, and notifying providers if patients do not follow through with referrals. This is a full-time position.
Highlighted Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attempts to complete all referrals generated by the Provider while the patient is in clinic and non-urgent referrals will be completed within 5 business days of issuance;
- Completes pre-authorizations for all diagnostic testing, therapy, surgical and specialty care according to insurance requirements within 3 days of issuance;
- Notifies patient when referral is approved and notifies Provider if denied or if a second opinion or additional information is required;
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of all health care plans and interprets and communicates plan policies and procedures to employees, physicians and (patients) when they have changed;
- Identifies specialists office needs to ensure successful patient care and experience and disseminates this information when appropriate to order Providers and other clinical staff;
- Coordinates all Catholic Charities referral program ensuring that COH and patients are complying with requirements of the program;
- Identifies and attempts to resolves patient’s barriers to specialty care, including assisting with scheduling appointments and helping to coordinate with specialists office;
- Assists in tracking high-priority referrals to ensure patients in high-risk categories receive necessary follow up care.
- Minimum two years’ experience working in medical setting, Community Health Center experience preferred;
- Strong computer skills;
- Excellent customer service skills with an ability to work in a fast pace environment;
- Bilingual (English/Spanish or English/Amharic) preferred.
We offer great benefits including:
- Medical Plans through CareFirst BlueCross Blue Shield;
- Dental Plans through CareFirst BlueCross Blue Shield;
- Vision Plans through CareFirst BlueCross Blue Shield;
- Life insurance, short-term disability and long-term disability insurance;
- 403(b) Retirement Plan;
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical and dependent care reimbursable expenses;
- Transportation pre-tax payroll deduction for metro;
- Generous paid vacation leave, sick leave and holidays;
- Tuition Reimbursement for graduate studies;
- And much more!
Community of Hope is a rapidly growing, innovative, and mission driven nonprofit. For over 34 years, we have provided health-care, housing, and supportive services for low-income, underserved, and homeless people in Washington DC. We currently operate a variety of housing programs and three community health centers, which offer medical, dental, behavioral health, and birth services. Through providing these programs and supportive services, we continue our mission of helping and enabling people achieve good health, a stable home, family sustaining income, and hope.
Community of Hope was selected as one of the Washington Post’s 150 Top Workplaces in 2014, 2016 and 2017. We received the 2012 Washington Post Award for Excellence in Nonprofit Management and the 2014 Leadership Greater Washington Innovative Community Partnership Award. We were also recognized in 2012 by the National Committee for Quality Assurance as a Level 3 Patient-Centered Medical Home.
To request a reasonable accommodation to complete an employment application or for general questions about employment with Community of Hope, contact the Recruiting Coordinator.
Community of Hope is an equal opportunity employer.