We are seeking someone who has a passion for underserved individuals in DC and value the impact that having can offer. As a Housing Stability Case Manager, you will provide housing stability and income-focused case management services to the families assigned to their case load including; providing resources to increase income; meeting regularly with clients, advocating for client housing needs, collaborating with Employment Specialist and families on completing resumes and job searches; and making referrals for appropriate services. You will have a direct impact in people’s lives. This is a full time position.
Highlighted Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with adults and children to develop case management plans that are updated at least monthly and signed by clients and case manager, which incorporate goals for both adults and children related to core goal areas: finding stable housing; increasing income; and family stabilization and support;
- Meets weekly and as needed with families on caseload to develop case plans, review progress, and to follow-up on tasks and services;
- In collaboration with families and Housing Specialist, assists with housing search and placement process, sometimes accompanying families to view units, advocating for families with landlords, and assisting families with applications and other paperwork;
- Networks with community resources for housing, employment, substance abuse treatment, mental health treatment, training, etc., and makes referrals as appropriate, including to COH Therapist and other community resources, as appropriate;
- Completes required assessments with families;
- Meets regularly with Youth Specialists to ensure children’s needs are part of the parent’s case management plan;
- Obtains signed release of information forms and communicates regularly with staff at treatment programs, substance abuse programs, and vocational programs.
- Bachelors Degree;
- BSW and MSW degree holders must obtain a LSWA/LGSW or appropriate social work license within 90 days of hire;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in social work or related field preferred;
- Ability to work one evening hour per week preferred;
- Strong knowledge of community resources or ability to become knowledgeable required;
- Strong interpersonal and organization skills required;
- Strong communication skills including verbal and writing;
- Proven ability to submit timely, detailed and accurate case notes.
We offer great benefits including:
- Medical Plans through CareFirst BlueCross Blue Shield;
- Dental Plans through CareFirst BlueCross Blue Shield;
- Vision Plans through CareFirst BlueCross Blue Shield;
- Life insurance, short-term disability and long-term disability insurance;
- 403(b) Retirement Plan;
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical and dependent care reimbursable expenses;
- Transportation pre-tax payroll deduction for metro;
- Generous paid vacation leave, sick leave and holidays;
- Tuition Reimbursement for graduate studies;
- Employer paid lunch period;
- And much more!
Community of Hope is a rapidly growing, innovative, and mission driven nonprofit. For 35 years, we have provided health-care, housing, and supportive services for low-income, underserved, and homeless families in Washington, DC. We currently operate a variety of housing programs and three community health centers, which offer medical, dental, behavioral health, and birth services. Through providing these programs and supportive services, we continue our mission of helping and enabling people achieve good health, a stable home, family sustaining income, and hope.
Community of Hope was selected as one of the Washington Post’s 150 Top Workplaces in 2014, 2016 and 2017. We received the 2012 Washington Post Award for Excellence in Nonprofit Management and the 2014 Leadership Greater Washington Innovative Community Partnership Award.
To request a reasonable accommodation to complete an employment application or for general questions about employment with Community of Hope, contact the Recruiting Coordinator.
Community of Hope is an equal opportunity employer.