Community of Hope provides supportive programs and wellness education to help you and your family when you need more than medical advice to feel better.
We’ll provide the information and support you need to reach your health goals. We believe that good health requires more than an annual check-up, so we offer these services that go above and beyond basic medical care.
Pregnancy Care and Groups
We want all of our moms and babies to have the best outcome possible – so starting in the 6th month of pregnancy (around 26 weeks), pregnant moms join the CenteringPregnancy® group.
Our moms benefit from:
- Interactive learning and fun discussion in a relaxed setting with other moms due at the same time as you
- Education about labor, breastfeeding and basic newborn care
- Games, food and chances to win prizes or receive gifts for your baby
- Continue to have one-on-one checkups with the midwife during group
Plus, there is no wait time for your appointment!
Want to learn more about how to join our CenteringPregnancy Group? Call the health center nearest to you for more information.
New Parent Support
Moms and dads of children under three can benefit from our Healthy Start Program. These free services provide pregnant women, new moms and their families with the support and encouragement they need. We help you strengthen the bond between you and your child right in your home. We come to you!
With Healthy Start, you will receive:
- Educational and fun home visit sessions (for those who qualify)
- Support for when you feel tired or worried
- Tips on how to care for and bond with your baby
- Help with getting daycare, WIC, medical care and other resources
- Information about birth control and breastfeeding
- Food and fun at parent support group sessions for mom and dad
- Diapers and baby supplies when needed
For more information on how to join Healthy Start, please contact Marsha Greaves, Program Director, at 202.407.7747.
Birth Control/Sexual Health
We provide a range of services to meet all your sexual health and family planning needs!
Our counselors are here to help answer any questions you may have about your reproductive health. You can receive services in a supportive and confidential setting:
- Pregnancy planning and testing
- Birth control (free IUDs and implants for interested teens and some available same day)
- Emergency contraception
- Sexual health education
- Confidential teen visits
- Confidential HIV/AIDS and STI testing and counseling
- HPV vaccine
Call 202.540.9857 to schedule your appointment.
Chronic Disease Management
We help you manage your health, so that you can lead a healthy lifestyle.
- Personalized health goals and care plans
- Access to a care coordinator to assist with education and specialty care appointments
- Assistance with overcoming transportation, language, medication/supplies and other barriers to getting the care you need
- Group care and referrals for support to manage stress and change
We teach you about disease prevention, healthy lifestyles and other self-care activities.
Refugee Health Services
We are proud to offer a variety of services for refugees and asylees at our Conway Health and Resource Center.
- Access to a care coordinator to support you through the healthcare process
- Free newcomer workshops that promote health among newly arriving refugees (including asylees, special immigrants, and survivors of trafficking)
- Workshops cover various topics including: healthcare in the U.S., women’s health, hygiene, and coping in a new environment
Refreshments are provided and transportation and language assistance is available.
To register, or for more information, contact our Refugee Healthcare Coordination Specialist at 202.232.9022.
Do you need help signing up for health insurance? We offer enrollment assistance to get you signed up for the best insurance for your healthcare needs. Learn more.
Through our group care and high quality care, 78% of our patients with diabetes have controlled blood sugar levels.
Babies were born through our robust pregnancy services.
492 Refugees and aslyees receive immunizations, health education and care coordination at Community of Hope.