The Dental Assistant is accountable directly to the Dental Director. The position is responsible for assisting the dentists with providing efficient, high quality dental care. This is a full-time position.
Highlighted Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides four handed chair side dental assistance during restorative, endodontic, periodontal, prosthodontic, and oral surgery procedures;
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment by reviewing and recording medical history and vital signs. Ensures informed consent for treatment is obtained and recorded in the dental electronic medical record;
- Makes chart entries under the direction of the Dentist and/or Dental Hygienist and assures completion of forms and necessary signatures;
- Serves as a patient advocate by ensuring that patients feel comfortable before, during and after dental treatment;
- Takes and mounts dental x-rays and completes dental charting according to instruction given by the dentist;
- Serves as an infection control officer by implementing and adhering to OSHA infection control standards. Maintains a sterile and neat working environment according to current infection control standards;
- Ensures that the dentist has complete dental set-ups (armamentarium) prior to the initiation of dental treatment;
- Provides appropriate oral health education, including nutritional counseling, tooth-brushing and flossing techniques;
- Maintains ongoing training and licensing and other credentials as required by DC and COH;
- Rotates to other Community of Hope sites, as needed.
- Remains compliant with Community of Hope policies and state and federal regulations governing confidential information, including HIPAA and HITECH.
- Must have a current, unencumbered D.C. Dental Assisting License, Level II;
- Dental Assistant Diploma/Certification from an accredited program;
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- X-ray Certification;
- CPR Certification Required;
- Commitment to work with underserved populations;
- Ability to work in non-profit environment;
- Ability to work weekends or evenings as needed required;
- Participation in appropriate continuing dental education courses.
Community of Hope is a rapidly growing, innovative, and mission driven nonprofit. For 35 years, we have provided health-care, housing, and supportive services for low-income, underserved, and homeless families in Washington, DC. We currently operate a variety of housing programs and three community health centers, which offer medical, dental, behavioral health, and birth services. Through providing these programs and supportive services, we continue our mission of helping and enabling people achieve good health, a stable home, family sustaining income, and hope.
Community of Hope was selected as one of the Washington Post’s 150 Top Workplaces in 2014, 2016 and 2017. We received the 2012 Washington Post Award for Excellence in Nonprofit Management and the 2014 Leadership Greater Washington Innovative Community Partnership Award. We were also recognized in 2012 by the National Committee for Quality Assurance as a Level 3 Patient-Centered Medical Home.
To request a reasonable accommodation to complete an employment application or for general questions about employment with Community of Hope, contact the Recruiting Coordinator.
Community of Hope is an equal opportunity employer.