We are seeking an individual to be the Communications and Community Engagement Manager. As the Communications and Community Engagement Manager, you will be an ambassador in the community, responsible for the organization’s communications and marketing plans and community engagement strategy, and will oversee Communications and Events Specialist and Community Engagement Specialists. Additionally, you will be instrumental in heading up the Health Services marketing implementation and coordinate all targeted outreach teams. This is a full-time position.
Highlighted Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the organization’s communications strategy across multiple channels, including social media, brand management, and new publications;
- Actively contributes to COH’s pro-active and reactive press strategy.
- Implements a multi-channel marketing campaign to attract new patients
- Coordinates targeted outreach team, comprised of program and marketing staff members to raise awareness about all health center programming
- Implements a community engagement plan, including building relationships with community organizations and executing community engagement events
- Serve as liaison between program and partner organizations ensuring compliance with partnership strategy.
- B.A./B.S. in marketing, communications or related field, or equivalent experience required;
- Experience implementing marketing strategies required;
- Knowledge of computer systems, including internet and Microsoft Office required;
- Experience working in our target communities – preferably Wards 5,7, or 8 – required;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required;
- 2 to 4 years in marketing and/or communication experience preferred;
- Experience supervising preferred
- Experience or education in health communications preferred.
We offer great benefits including:
- Medical Plans through CareFirst BlueCross Blue Shield;
- Dental Plans through CareFirst BlueCross Blue Shield;
- Vision Plans through CareFirst BlueCross Blue Shield;
- Life insurance, short-term disability and long-term disability insurance;
- 403(b) Retirement Plan;
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical and dependent care reimbursable expenses;
- Transportation pre-tax payroll deduction for metro;
- Generous paid vacation leave, sick leave and holidays;
- Tuition Reimbursement for graduate studies;
- And much more!
Community of Hope is a rapidly growing, innovative, and mission driven nonprofit. For over 34 years, we have provided health-care, housing, and supportive services for low-income, underserved, and homeless people in Washington DC. We currently operate a variety of housing programs and three community health centers, which offer medical, dental, behavioral health, and birth services. Through providing these programs and supportive services, we continue our mission of helping and enabling people achieve good health, a stable home, family sustaining income, and hope.
Community of Hope was selected as one of the Washington Post’s 150 Top Workplaces in 2014, 2016 and 2017. We received the 2012 Washington Post Award for Excellence in Nonprofit Management and the 2014 Leadership Greater Washington Innovative Community Partnership Award. We were also recognized in 2012 by the National Committee for Quality Assurance as a level 3 Patient-Centered Medical Home.
To request a reasonable accommodation to complete an employment application or for general questions about employment with Community of Hope, contact the Recruiting Coordinator.
Community of Hope is an equal opportunity employer.