Nurses at Community of Hope work in collaboration with members of a multidisciplinary health care team. They are viewed as an integral part of this team and the catalyst in assuring quality, compassionate, and safe patient care. The Clinical Nurse Manager is primarily responsibilities are assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care along with supervision of staff. This includes, but is not limited to; incumbent skills to complete nurse assessments, education, and routine nursing procedures. The Nurse Manager is responsible for the overall function of the nursing/medical assistant’s at designated site. This is a full-time position.
Highlighted Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures smooth patient flow and team coordination for patient visits.
- Ensures high quality of care for patients following the guidelines of the Patient Centered Medical Home model
- Assists with Chronic Care Management by providing care and education to patients.
- Ensures that COH clinical protocols are followed at the medical facility.
- Oversees the medical supply ordering and quality assurance of the clinic.
- Responsible for the administration and application of all clinical nursing functions, procedures, and protocols.
- Monitors the functioning of the Vaccine for Children program at the clinic according to CDC and DC regulations.
- Complies with and helps to enforce standard organizational policies and procedures, including follow hiring procedures.
- Complies with COH policies and state and federal regulations governing confidential information, including HIPAA.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing school (BSN)
- Licensed or eligibility as a Registered Nurse in DC
- Current BLS CPR certification
- Minimum of one year supervisory experience preferred.
- Minimum of one year working in an ambulatory, primary care or med/surg setting.
- Experience working with underserved or homeless populations preferred.
- Bilingual preferred in English and Spanish/Amharic.
We offer great benefits including:
- Medical Plans through CareFirst BlueCross Blue Shield;
- Dental Plans through CareFirst BlueCross Blue Shield;
- Vision Plans through CareFirst BlueCross Blue Shield;
- Life insurance, short-term disability and long-term disability insurance;
- 403(b) Retirement Plan;
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical and dependent care reimbursable expenses;
- Transportation pre-tax payroll deduction for metro;
- Generous paid vacation leave, sick leave and holidays;
- Tuition Reimbursement for graduate studies;
- And much more!
Community of Hope is a rapidly growing, innovative, and mission driven nonprofit. For 35 years, we have provided health-care, housing, and supportive services for low-income, underserved, and homeless families in Washington, DC. We currently operate a variety of housing programs and three community health centers, which offer medical, dental, behavioral health, and birth services. Through providing these programs and supportive services, we continue our mission of helping and enabling people achieve good health, a stable home, family sustaining income, and hope.
Community of Hope was selected as one of the Washington Post’s 150 Top Workplaces in 2014, 2016 and 2017. We received the 2012 Washington Post Award for Excellence in Nonprofit Management and the 2014 Leadership Greater Washington Innovative Community Partnership Award. We were also recognized in 2012 by the National Committee for Quality Assurance as a Level 3 Patient-Centered Medical Home.
To request a reasonable accommodation to complete an employment application or for general questions about employment with Community of Hope, contact the Recruiting Coordinator.
Community of Hope is an equal opportunity employer.