The Associate Director of Behavioral Health manages staffing, activities and data to support COH’s strategic objective of providing effective behavioral health services including: assessment, treatment planning, short-term and long-term psychotherapy, group therapy, crisis intervention and educational opportunities. The Associate Director of Behavioral Health is accountable directly to the Director of Behavioral Health. This position is responsible for the supervision of Clinical Psychotherapists, Addictions Psychotherapist and student interns. This is a full-time position.
Highlighted Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with oversight of program operations, ensuring that activities align with COH policies, procedures, and strategic goals.
- Monitors clinical services provided by supervisees for quality of care, compliance with evidence-based practices, and adequate documentation of services.
- Coordinates grant requirements and reporting in own portfolio, attending meetings with other partners as necessary.
- Monitors grant deliverables to ensure that we are meeting commitments and requirements.
- Participates in monthly behavioral health department meetings and participates in regular behavioral health leadership team meetings.
- Completes intake and psychosocial assessments for all referred patients following COH protocols.
- Coordinates behavioral health care with medical and dental care, and other internal and external service providers. Consults with supervisor on difficult to engage clients.
- Documents all patient encounters, including face to face, telephone, and electronic communications, in the medical record in a timely fashion.
- Meets with supervisees regularly and provides ongoing feedback and support, including opportunities for professional development.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- LICSW, LPC, or equivalent licensure required.
- Minimum of two years of experience in a clinical setting required.
- Two years supervision experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of community resources or the ability to become knowledgeable.
- Familiarity working with low-income populations preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and problem solve.
- Demonstrated ability to manage grant outcomes and deliverables.
- Experience in community health center setting preferred.
- Ability to travel between sites required.
- Ability to work evening or weekend hours depending on client needs required.
We offer great benefits including:
- Medical Plans through CareFirst BlueCross Blue Shield;
- Dental Plans through CareFirst BlueCross Blue Shield;
- Vision Plans through CareFirst BlueCross Blue Shield;
- Life insurance, short-term disability and long-term disability insurance;
- 403(b) Retirement Plan;
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical and dependent care reimbursable expenses;
- Transportation pre-tax payroll deduction for metro;
- Generous paid vacation leave, sick leave and holidays;
- Tuition Reimbursement for graduate studies;
- And much more!
Community of Hope is a rapidly growing, innovative, and mission driven nonprofit. For over 34 years, we have provided health-care, housing, and supportive services for low-income, underserved, and homeless people in Washington DC. We currently operate a variety of housing programs and three community health centers, which offer medical, dental, behavioral health, and birth services. Through providing these programs and supportive services, we continue our mission of helping and enabling people achieve good health, a stable home, family sustaining income, and hope.
Community of Hope was selected as one of the Washington Post’s 150 Top Workplaces in 2014, 2016 and 2017. We received the 2012 Washington Post Award for Excellence in Nonprofit Management and the 2014 Leadership Greater Washington Innovative Community Partnership Award. We were also recognized in 2012 by the National Committee for Quality Assurance as a level 3 Patient-Centered Medical Home.
Check out our website here.
To request a reasonable accommodation to complete an employment application or for general questions about employment with Community of Hope, contact the Recruiting Coordinator.
Community of Hope is an equal opportunity employer.