Why choose Community of Hope?
If you’re interested in working for a non-profit organization that provides DC’s most vulnerable individuals, families and children with quality supportive services while fostering professional and personal growth, we invite you to learn more about Community of Hope. To view our current openings and learn more about applying click here.
Community of Hope employs nearly 200 employees in careers ranging from entry-level to management in the District of Columbia. For over 30 years, Community of Hope has provided housing, medical services and resources for professional development to low-income and homeless adults and children in DC. Community of Hope's most important resource is our employees. Each position and job is important and vital to fulfilling our mission.
Community of Hope is one of the most highly respected healthcare and housing providers in the District of Columbia. In Spring 2012 we won the Washington Post Award for Excellence in Nonprofit Management.
- The mission of Community of Hope is to improve the health and quality of life for low-income, homeless, and underserved families and individuals in the District of Columbia by providing healthcare, housing with supportive services, educational opportunities, and spiritual support.
- We serve with compassion, integrity & respect while striving for excellence.
- One of Community of Hope’s strengths is visioning and planning strategically for the future. As a result, we have been able to more than double the number of people we serve and employ in the past five years.
We are committed to sponsoring a comprehensive benefits program for our full-time employees. In addition to a positive work environment, professional growth opportunities, and a regularly implemented raise program, we offer employees a monthly cafeteria-style allowance. Employees may choose to spend this allowance on health, dental, vision insurance plans or disability and life insurance plans.
Our benefits include:
- Medical Plans through CareFirst BlueCross Blue Shield
- Dental Plans through CareFirst BlueCross Blue Shield
- Vision Plans through CareFirst BlueCross Blue Shield
- Life insurance, short-term disability and long-term disability insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical and dependent care reimbursable expenses
- Transportation pre-tax payroll deduction for metro
- Generous paid vacation leave, sick leave, personal leave, and holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement for graduate studies
- And much more……
Our Hiring Process:
All positions require a criminal background check and some positions require other pre-employment screenings such as drug tests, credit checks and motor vehicle records checks.
All positions require at least two professional references, preferably from supervisors.
Most positions require two interviews.
At Community of Hope, we celebrate diversity, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and the families we serve. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Thank you for your interest in working for Community of Hope!